We can change the world if we all take a stand and say, 'This is not okay.' - Dr Marianne Thomas
Are you a survivor of human trafficking seeking hope and healing? If you've been told to forgive and forget simply, but are still struggling with the trauma you've endured, this episode is for you. Join us as we explore the inspiring journey of Dr. Marianne Thomas and learn about the true path to healing after facing the horrors of exploitation. Let's untangle the complexities of post-trafficking life and discover the transformative power of faith and forgiveness in mending the soul. Don't suffer alone - tune in and find the hope you've sought.
Dr. Marianne Thomas is a strong advocate for survivors of human trafficking, having faced her own traumatic experiences. With a PhD in Behavioral Psychology and an MA in Mental Health Counseling, she has dedicated over 15 years to providing counseling and mentorship for abused and trafficked individuals. As the founder and president of My Name, My Voice, Marianne and her team of experts offer education and consultation for organizations looking to develop or expand their anti-trafficking programs. A public speaker driven by passion, she also shares her story to help others overcome self-sabotage and embrace forgiveness.
· Dive into the chilling story of Dr. Marianne Thomas surviving the grips of human trafficking.
· Comprehend the dire need for a sanctuary and support system for trafficking survivors.
· Unravel the complexities faced by former trafficking victims re-entering society.
· Discover the journey of resilience and recovery in the aftermath of trauma.
· Explore the impact of spirituality and forgiveness in healing emotional scars.
Support One Purse: Facebook @onepurse
My Name My Voice: https://mynamemyvoice.org/
PO Box 760
Fort Myers, FL. 33902
The resources mentioned in this episode are:
· Listen to the I Need Blue Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or other listening platforms.
· Visit the website www.ineedblue.net to find all the episodes, valuable resources, safety tips, and more.
· Check out Jen Lee's newly released book and ebook, Why I Survived available on the website, www.WhyISurvived.com
· Explore the Learn to Podcast PDF available on the website if you're interested in learning how to podcast. www.INeedBlue.net
· Learn more about the talented violinist, Char Good, who composed and performed the opening music on the website. www.CharGood.com
· Share the I Need Blue Podcast with at least one person to spread awareness and healing.
· Seek help if needed and prioritize your own well-being.
· Engage in the conversation by leaving comments, questions, or feedback on the podcast episode.
Are you an author? Coming soon:
Connect with Jen:
Support the show
Loved this episode? Leave us a review and rating here: https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/my-podcasts/show/i-need-blue/cf77fdb3-396e-4c1c-82aa-c2c3f6d1eee2/ratings-and-reviews
The background music is written, performed and produced exclusively by Char Good.